Monday, June 18, 2012

You Were Always Waiting

Ah, the soothing lullaby, Blackbird. That's what's playing today and even though it's on a constant loop, it's hard to get tired of. It's the kind of classic that just instantly calms you down and makes you smile. And in fact I have been using this tune as a lullaby on those (thankfully) rare occasions when I'm roused at 3:30 a.m. to soothe a toddler's night terrors. Mostly because it's one of the few things I can remember all the words to at that time of the morning. But also because I want Bug to grow up an avid Beatles fan. And what better way to sway his preferences than by brainwashing him in a semi-conscious state! But rather than find some old footage of Sir Paul I found this performance instead. And don't worry (be happy) this dude (and his dreadlocks) is touring this summer! I'm not sure I can really say I "like" this, but I definitely give Bobby mad props.


Also, I know there's always the Beatles vs. Stones argument, and yes, I do like the Rolling Stones, but in my house it's not up for debate which one rules and which one rules a little bit less. There will also be no Doors (ick.) Them's the rules.

1 comment:

  1. As luck would have it, I threw in the part about Bug waking up at 3:30 in the morning, and sho' nuff, he did. Hubby believes this blog can tell the future. I believe I will no longer say such things on the Interwebs without knocking on wood and throwing salt over my shoulder. I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete