Monday, June 25, 2012

Hey You With The Pretty Face

ELO's Mr. Blue Sky is totally appropriate for today. The sky is definitely blue, the sun is definitely shining and the air conditioner definitely just conked out here at work. I feel like I'm wilting. My fingers are so sweaty they keep slipping off the keyboard. We've all stripped as much clothing as is acceptable for a bunch of old lady librarians. It's gonna be a long day.

Fortunately it is impossible to both have this song stuck in your head and be in a bad mood at the same time. I mean really, is there a happier song? I think not. One might even consider buying the poster to keep the feeling going all day, every day! And somehow I didn't realize that Electric Light Orchestra front man and "global superstar visionary" (his quote not mine) Jeff Lynne was a member of the Traveling Wilbury's. The things I'm learning through updating this random waste of time...if anyone needs a partner for some sort of barroom musical trivia tournament, give me a ring. My store of useless knowledge is growing by the day.

Here's a good trivia question for ya: If I shaved the heads of every member of ELO when this song was written, how many sweaters could I knit? Bonus round: How many of these sweaters would resemble sweaters made from pubic hair?



Answer: Zero. I can't knit. Bonus: If I could knit, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment