Monday, June 4, 2012

Fine, Fresh, Fierce.

Very vivid and disturbing dreams left me (shockingly) sans earworm this morning, so to make up for a lack of musical randomness I decided to check out the website Birthday Jams. Supposedly you can put in the date of your entrance into this world and the site will tell you what the #1 song was on that most glorious of days. I have not even remotely attempted to verify if this info is correct, but I'm feeling trustworthy (read, lazy...don't judge it was a long weekend!) today, so what the heck.

On November 2, 1977 the #1 song was none other than Debby Boone's You Light Up My Life. This is awesome. Mainly because I do in fact light up most people's lives, but also because her name is Boone. So check it out and think of me whilst you listen.

On March 1, 1975 (Hubby's grand entrance!) we had The Eagle's with Best of my Love. This too is awesome because Hubby hates the Eagles. Ha!

And finally, July 7, 2010 (Heeeeeere's Bug!) California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg. Yes! This is totally appropriate for a baby! I have no idea what Candyland on steroids has to do with this song, but hey, Katy's boobs are made out of ice cream and lollipops, so who cares! Amazing how music changes in the course of three plus decades, isn't it? Anyway, I guess this one's for you, Bug. But you're not allowed to watch this video until you're 18. Yes. I know. Parents just don't understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment