Tuesday, June 12, 2012

And I Love Her So...

So, the Tony's were on last Sunday which naturally means I've been humming show tunes for the past few days, much to Hubby's dismay. That on  top of the Judy Garland movie marathon I decided to have yesterday has pretty much rendered my brain useless in terms of retaining any non-Broadway related material. The one song that has really stuck though is Gold from the musical version of Once. This show effing killed it at the Tony's. It basically won everything. And Glen-my-Irish-boyfriend-Hansard and Marketa-unfortunately-his-actual-girlfriend-Irglova looked so cute beaming from the audience. I loved this song in the original movie version (starring and featuring music by Glen and Marketa), but the staging here was pretty fantabulous. Not too much show, lots of live musicians, very Irish. Lots of stomping. So go grab a Guinness, a shot of Jameson's and admit that sometimes musicals aren't that lame. I mean hell, I could've posted something from the musical of Ghost but even I have to draw the line somewhere. Yeah, you're welcome for that.



Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools.
Picture of Irish Proverb ~Irish Proverb

Huh?

1 comment:

  1. Ya know what else is cool about this show? They open by inviting the audience up on stage for a drink and a jam sesh. Lager and lime anyone?

    ReplyDelete