Friday, June 29, 2012

And It Goes Like This

Really, brain? Really? Maroon 5? What exactly is happening here? You think since this song throws in a little Christina that makes it okay? Well, it does. So you win. This time.

So, despite the fact that the only person in this video who definitely does NOT have moves like Jagger (but is winning in the unnecessary shirtlessness category) is the dude from Maroon 5, this video is actually pretty awesome. Hey, was that Kevin Nealon?! Anyway, I'm not sure why this one popped into my head today, but maybe it's because it's Friday and I'm ready for a dance party. Or maybe it's due to the fact that I hung out with a friend last night with whom I used to watch The Voice (grammar is fun!) Or maybe it's because of that I-Can-Dance-Like-Mick-Jagger-When-He-Was-Much-Much-Younger contest I entered. Such a mystery is the earworm...


True story: In college a girl friend and I were Rolling Stones roadies for one night (and one night only) in Charlotte, NC. It was super hard work, we were way out of our element (being like two of four women on the whole crew,) but we got to smoke weed out of a coke can with a bunch of foul-mouthed British stage hands in the middle of an empty arena, see the show for free, and get paid a butt load of money (or at least what seemed like a butt load of money to two broke-ass college lasses.) A good time was had by all and we survived to tell the tale. Somewhere I still have my sweaty wrist band. And somewhere else that British stage hand probably still has his coke can. And his wretched teeth.

2 comments:

  1. Um. How have I not heard this "roadie for the Rolling Stones" story until now?! We need to discuss this in full detail. ;)

    P.S. Here are some MOVES. LIKE. JAGGER. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahha! Wow, what was wrong with us?!? Love it. Good memories for sure!

    ReplyDelete