Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ghosts Appear And Fade Away

Irony. Gotta love it. When trying to drag myself into a conscious (or at least semi-conscious) state this morning, the lyrics I can't get to sleep... were in my head, where they have remained all day. The acoustic version of Overkill has been strumming away non-stop. Everybody loves Men at Work's Down Under, but I fell in love with Colin Hay in 2004. And I owe it all, as I'm sure a lot of folks do, to Zach Braff. Actually, according to an article from Rock Cellar Magazine (look at me citing my sources!) I owe it to Scrubs' creator Bill Lawrence who saw one of Hay's solo shows while filming the series and wondered why the hell his music wasn't on the radio. In an effort to change that and win Colin some air play, he put Hay in a bunch of episodes which lead to a BFF-style relationship with Braff (OK, maybe that's overkill...sorry, couldn't resist that one) which lead to Braff using his tunes in Garden State, which lead to a brief moment of obsession for me, with an undertone of why-the-hell-is-this-music-not-on-the-radio-itis? And there you have it. A star is born. Again. And even better this time around. So, thanks Zach. Preesh! Swearsies I'm going to see him next time his in the ATL. In all honesty I believe him to be one of the best singer/songwriter types around. A true artiste (spoken in a French accent, and with my nose in the air.)

On a side note, I really liked Scrubs. So here's the best of all worlds...or at least the worlds that are involved in this completely insignificant blog post. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment