Wednesday, June 27, 2012

There Will Be An Answer

This one is all Hubby. I think it was a couple of days ago when he just started belting out Let It Be for no good reason. Which was totally fine by me being an avid Beatles fan and whatnot. In fact, I'm pretty sure I joined in with some lovely harmonies. Yes, lovely is how I'd describe them. But Hubby's version of the lyrics seems to be slightly different than Sir Paul's and, alas, these are the ones that are stuck in my head. His version goes something like this:
When I find myself in times of trouble, 
Uncle Gary comes to me 
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it B-R-E-N-T
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be 
Now, please don't ask me what any of this means because I really can't offer any insight there. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an Uncle Gary. If he does, I've never met him. And the whole "Brent" thing is just not something worth delving into here. All I can say is to know him is to love him. And also that he and his friends (who most likely totally understand the Hubby rendition of this classic tune) are decidedly O-D-D. Sorry dudes, but you know it's true. But, it's what makes you all so ... special?

p.s. Dear Hubby, please don't be mad at me for this one. I play, I play (in bad Italiano accent.) To make up for it (and to return the favor of making me laugh) here's this for you. You're version is def way better than his. But his hat basically rules. xoxo



3 comments:

  1. I actually can't get enough of this guy. Where did he learn English? Or is he just drunk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what is up with the choreographed swaying?!? There is so much to discuss here...

    ReplyDelete