Friday, June 22, 2012

Someone Stole My Brand New Chevrolet

What ever happened to the Pointer Sisters, you might find yourself asking? Uhm, nothing. They're still out there. Performing with symphonies around the globe, no less! Who knew? And they still look damn fine, I have to say. I wonder if Pops knows this. He used to love these ladies. So embarrassing.

Now, why do I find myself thinking about them this morning? Because I'm just burning doing the Neutron Dance. Yep. I found a new radio station recently (because my fave station was taken away (quel outrage!) and replaced by a 24 hour news channel...effing news!) and this was on the other day, and well, that's all it takes. Me thinks it might be time to fix the CD player in my car. Anyway, I'm a bit perplexed by this song. What exactly is the Neutron Dance and why does it burn? Sounds unhygienic to me. My guess is it has something to do with those glowing stick thingys they're dancing around with. Or maybe it's the result of excessively large shoulder pads causing some sort of rash. The fact is a neutron is an electrically neutral sub-atomic particle which, when coupled with protons, makes up the entire mass of an atomic nuclei. Clearly this subject makes for a great new 80s dance craze!  Everybody bust out your biggest shoulder pads and get your groove on! I'm (for some reason) on fire! Anyway, the appearance of this upbeat ditty in Beverly Hills Cop made it a smashing success, so good job Eddie Murphy.

Now, can somebody tell me the word for those glowing stick thingys? My mind is a blank and it's driving me nuts. Get thee to Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment