Tuesday, May 1, 2012

They're Gonna Eat Me Alive

I was going to start off by saying that I had no idea why Metric's Help I'm Alive was in my head this morning, but then I realized that my Breeder's Pandora station (which I listened to non-stop last week) plays this song all the time. But other than that I didn't know much about this band or any of their other tunes. After some "research" (a.k.a Googling) I discovered that they're actually a pretty interesting group of folks. But back to the song. The lyrics make me think this song is about zombies, but I might be taking things too literally here. As it turns out, Emily Haines (the band's sexy leading lady) says it's about feelings and stuff. Well, okay then.
When I wrote the song "Help I'm Alive", I had no idea how many people would relate to the way I was feeling. I put it out there as a personal statement and ended up finding out that a lot of people understood where I was coming from for the first time.
Does this mean that a lot of people understood what it felt like to be chased by flesh-eating monsters for the first time? Nope. But is this song going to always make me think about the zombie apocalypse? Yep. Also the video is cool, so you should watch it. Apparently the director, Deco Dawson, is some sort of famous short film maker. Well, good for him. The important thing is that he has included some brief footage of Russian reanimation experiments on dead dog heads for your viewing pleasure. See, I told you this was all about the undead. Judge for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. l like it a lot Mrs. Inman. just downloaded the mp3 from mp3eagle.com. $0.15 a song. And you're not held to iTunes silly rules. There is also an acoustic version that sounded pretty cool. love from across the pond. xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete