Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Try...

Dear 1998 self,
Where did you put your copy of Return of the Rentals? Please advise and send to the year 2012.
Thanks, and enjoy your youth. Oh, and Y2K is a lie.
Sincerely, 2012 self

Happy birthday, Mr. Moog! To celebrate I'll be listening to the Rentals all day today. I swear I didn't know ole Bobby Moog was turning 78 when I woke up with The Love I'm Searching For in my head this morning. It's like the universe is aligning to tell me something. It's probably that it's disappointed in me for never going to see these guys play a show even though they've apparently been through Atlanta several times in the past few years. I didn't even know they reunited 7 years ago. How'd I miss that one? I was like, obsessed with this band back in the day. And I used to love throwing out something like "hey, did you know Maya Rudolf played keyboards and sang for this band on their first tour? Well, she did. Also Matt Sharp is my secret boyfriend. True story." at parties. Most people didn't believe the second part for some reason...Anyway, these guys, anything with the Haden sisters (did you know one of them is married to Jack Black? More fun party trivia!), the Breeders/Pixies, Liz Phair, basically the entire music catalog of my 20s is suddenly popping back up in my head. Maybe I'm having a midlife crisis. Oh well, if I am at least it has a good soundtrack. It's got a good beat and I can dance to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment