Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You Didn't Have To Cut Me Off

Well, according to Billboard's website this song is number one on like every chart in the world, so I score zero points for originality with this one. Gotye's (I guess if my real name was Wouter "Wally" De Backer I'd go with something else too) Somebody That I Used to Know is a pretty cool song to be so uber popular. I've been trying to find a list of all the instruments used in this song, because I definitely can't name half of the ones you can see in this video, but I haven't come up with it yet. And my work computer that I use to do all of this personal crap on is definitely dying a slow and painful (for me anyway because I'm pretty sure my computer can't feel pain which is why I won't feel bad when I drop it from a five story window) death, so I'm done waiting for the cursed interwebs to load pages for today. So instead I'll focus on Zimbra's (the girl singer's) hand movements when she sings. This might get weird but the shape she makes with them looks like when you used to trick your friends by putting your hands together and making it look like a vagina. Anybody remember that? No? Okay, it just got weird. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnnDhumNLyg&feature=g-vrec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some of you would prefer this version?

      Delete
    2. How am I just now discovering this one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojdFAPFUp4&list=LPJP9N3bd5a2g&index=5&feature=plcp

      Delete