Monday, May 21, 2012

Love In The Third Degree

Van Halen. I covet all of your hair circa 1979. Sigh...

Dance the Night Away actually woke me up this morning it was playing in my head so loudly. Why? No eyed deer. That's the thing about earworms. They just worm their way in with no regard what so ever for your musical preferences for the day. Anyway, it's rumored that David Lee Roth wrote this song in tribute to an intoxicated woman who was having sex in the back of a truck and then (in an effort to escape the po-po) ran inside the bar where the fledgling band was playing with her pants on backwards. What an inspirational theme for such a deep and heartfelt song! It makes me want to jump off my desk and do a toe-touch! I've also read that it was inspired by Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way, but clearly the first story is more plausible. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment