Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trippin on Sunshine

So I didn't actually wake up with this one, but it's definitely stuck in my head at the moment. Anybody else out there still watch Grey's Anatomy? Did you see the one they turned into a musical and all the characters sang (YES!), because the woman who plays Callie is actually a Tony award-winning Broadway singer?! (Sara Ramirez for her role in Monty Python's Spamalot as The Lady of the Lake in 2005...just in case you were wondering.) Anyway, the episode features the cast singing a bunch of songs that got really popular (and even more annoying) after they aired on Grey's, and one of them was Jesus Jackson's Running on Sunshine. I don't have a clue who Jesus Jackson is and I don't think I've ever heard the real song, but Miss Lady of the Lake is all up in my head with this one today. Prolly cause I snuck to the meeting room at lunch and watched a little mid-day cable...guess what happened to be on?

The best verse in this destined-to-be-a-classic piece of Americana? This one.

Girl you got me acting real crazy
Chasin' tail like some old dog
Uh, I got this rocket in my front left pocket
Ready to explode like a bomb

 

No comments:

Post a Comment