Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hold Your Head Up, Keep Your Head Up

I have not a clue where today's earworm came from, but that one lyric was echoing in my head as I opened my eyes this morning. Maybe it was just because I was forcing myself to get up out of my nice, cozy bed where I found myself snuggling with my son's stuffed penguin (Mr. Teeter, to be precise.) Maybe Annie Lennox was in my dream and I just don't remember. Either way, the Eurythmics Sweet Dreams has been playing away ever since.

But enough about me, let's talk about Annie Lennox. Actually, let's just talk about Annie Lennox's official website. It's called The House of Me (ick) and gives us lucky fans a glimpse into every Annie-esque nook and cranny of her cyber-home. There are rooms like the Attic (where you can view all her awards, discs, and seemingly every outfit she's ever worn ever?), the Library (photos, discography, lyrics, biography), even the Basement (where you'll be greeted by a giant sand-filled hour glass that seems to be ticking down to something very important.) I have no idea what happens here in the Basement because I am SO bored watching this sand fall. Maybe you guys can figure it out. There's also kind of a jungle theme going on down here. And a butterfly that keeps flitting about. WTF is this?!? Like seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is totally bizarre and extremely narcissistic? How presumptuous to assume that I'm going to spend any real amount of time looking at all this crap, Annie! Hmmm...but I appear to be doing just that. So maybe she's on to something. I just spent a good 4 minutes looking at the photo gallery. I've been hoodwinked! This is the picture hanging in the Main Hallway, especially for your enjoyment. So, enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Wow... I can't un-see her Web site. Just turrible.

    Usher's new single "Climax" was in my head this morning. I was hitting all the high notes in the shower, ha.

    http://youtu.be/nNTyfVh3nmU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sing it out, girl! Yeah, her website has me utterly confused. I'm now starting to believe it might be a work of sheer genius???

      Delete