Saturday, September 29, 2012

Do It Anyway

So once again my brain universe (brain universe?) is colliding. Things that are on my mind that keep coming together and popping up randomly. The list: A sudden rekindling of my love for Ben Folds (with or without the Five,) wanting Bug to love The Muppet Show as much as I did as a kid, Jim Henson's (would-have-been) 76th birthday this week, and the below video. Does stuff like this ever just really freak you out? Well, it does me. And while this song does show off  B.F.'s mad piano skills, it doesn't highlight his many varied choices in cover song material, our shared love of Nick Hornby, or his uncanny ability look super smooth (for a nerdy white guy) while rapping. But the fact that it's been brought to my attention several times this week makes it a tune I can't blog bypass (blogpass? blypass? blass?) So love him or hate him, the man plays music with Fraggles. Props should be given.

 
 
If only the Doozers had been invited to the party. Random side note: I have a plant (actually a succession of plants) that have been named Madam Trash Heap for the past six years. Yes, I name plants.
 
And one last side note: even if you HATE Ben Folds, even if you didn't have the energy to click on any of the other links above, CLICK ON THIS ONE. I'm so serious, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment