Monday, September 24, 2012

Cut Loose Like A Deuce

So the version of this song that's actually stuck in my head is the one I hate. Typical. Manfred Mann's cover of Blinded by the Light. I change the station every time it comes on. And on my last remaining classic rock station (because Atlanta is systematically destroying all of its best radio stations and turning them into 24/7 sports talk) it's on the rotation A LOT. So F you, Manfred Mann, no I will not sign up for your newsletter or read your stories. Oh, you're touring? WHO CARES?!? And what the hell kind of name is Manfred Mann's Earth Band anyway? Seriously. Manfred? Your parents maybe didn't like you so much. Just a thought.

No the real deal will always be Bruce even though M.M. was the band that hit #1 with it (Bruce's only #1, bee tee dubs.) And there's truly no one who can talk about this song better than The Boss himself, so I will shut up now. But I highly recommend watching the video below (you have to do a little work here and fast forward to about 8:59 to get to this song...or watch the whole thing cause it's effing Bruce, people.) And he's kind of a genius.



All hail the rhyming dictionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment