Wednesday, October 3, 2012

And All Of The Ghouls Come Out To Play

So, it's come to my attention that I might like Florence and the Machine (despite the fact that every time I hear her I think of a more warbly Siouxsie and The Banshees. And yes, Siouxsie is still around and looking damn fine! I predict a future blog post...now back to Florence.) I mean, I don't change the channel when she comes on the radio, and I can dig most of the songs that have made it to the air waves. Plus she's got one of those voices that can be fun to belt along to when I'm singing really loud in my car. Unfortunately, I probably won't be hearing much more of her on the ATL radio (or anyone else I care to listen to) since yet another radio station in this town just bit the dust. It will now be all sports talk. Even though we already have one of those (plus one on the AM dial...just how much sports can the human ear stand?!) And this after my other fave station went to 24 hour news (because that's necessary even though the majority of us are bombarded with news updates on the interwebs all day.) What about the music, Atlanta?!? For those of us with busted CD players and cars too old to have auxiliary hook ups, this is a total bummer. But I digress...

Shake it Out is a pretty powerful tune and Flo totally rocks it, but I caught her doing a few songs on SNL recently and I thought my ears were going to melt. She was god awful live. I'm not sure she hit one solid right note. But maybe it was just a fluke. Or maybe my ears were out of tune that day. At the very least I know she wasn't lip syncing (ooh, take that Ashlee Simpson!)

Anyway, I'm not really sure I know what's happening in this video, but she is singing about burying some poor old horse, so perhaps this is some sort of sacrificial ritual? That involves masks? And some interpretive tango? And a crystal ball. Obvs. Or maybe it's a seance to contact the horse. Apparently it's just too cerebral for the likes of me. Looks like a fun party though.



No comments:

Post a Comment