Friday, October 5, 2012

I May Find Myself Delayed

As predicted, my previous post has launched this morning's earworm. That one instrumental line (you know the one I mean) from Kiss Them for Me a la Siouxsie and the Banshees has been on a constant loop in my head for the past 48 hours. I remember really liking this song when I was like 13, I had the cassette and everything (I even remember what the cover looked like,) but I can honestly say I don't recall a single other song on the album. I think I was just pretending to like them because that song was cool at the time. Yes I was a tad insecure in my younger days and fully admit to being "une poseur" occasionally. Which sounds even lamer considering the band we're talking about. But had I done a little digging into Ms. Sioux back in the day I probably would have discovered that she was pretty effing rad. I mean, she covers Dear Prudence, for crying out loud. Awesome. And loads of folks regard her as one of the original female punk icons. I did not know that. She hung out with the Sex Pistols, her songs have been covered by everyone from Jeff Buckley to TV On The Radio, and she still looks smokin' in her 50's. And here's this fun Friday factoid for you: the band provided original songs for both Showgirls and Batman Returns, and Siousxie herself was considered for the role of Cat Woman in the latter. Wonder how Michelle Pfeiffer would've taken that news?


I'm really glad the poodle made the casting call. Too bad about all that wasted champagne though.

3 comments:

  1. There is a fun, flippant side to me, of course. But I would much rather be known as the Ice Queen. ~Siouxsie Sioux

    ReplyDelete