Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scales! They're No Fun!

I'm taking a trip down memory lane with this one, so just indulge me for a sec.

So, I heart my Moms, but recently I discovered that she had done the most unimaginable thing. She had thrown out all of my old children's LPs, most of which were in great condition. In the trash. Even though I own two record players. With not a second thought. And right after I had a frickin' kid!!! Needless to say she will never live this one down. Sorry Moms. Why this popped back into my head (or should I say ear) today, I'm not sure. But hopefully I'm not the only one who remembers the classic (and now out of print....grrrrrrr) Rusty in Orchestraville. True I can download it, or buy a CD version for like 45 bucks (Jesus, Moms!) but it just wouldn't sound the same. Still, I'll probably break down and do it cause it's a fun and nostalgic way to teach kiddos the instruments of an orchestra. And (she says in her most lofty tone) EVERY child should know the instruments in an orchestra. Also, the instruments talk using this new-fangled Sonovox technology, which either makes it awesome or incredibly creepy for the average (or even above average!) child. Thanks weird inventions of the 1940's, Peter Frampton just wouldn't be the same without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment