Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Beep Beep

This is awesome. The breakdancing, the tacky clothes, the jerry curls. The Jerry Curls!!! My cousin put the song No Parking on the Dance Floor on a mix tape for me when I was like six. I'm pretty sure I haven't heard it since, so this little worm in my ear is definitely way out of left field. And just in case you were wondering (and I know that you were,) yes, Midnight Star is back and planning a tour, so pull out those old purple pleated parachute pants, don your bluest of eye shadows and be on the lookout! To quote band member Belinda Lipscomb (who apparently has been making a living singing at Sandals resorts):
... MIDNIGHT STAR has been blessed with gifts and talents that could only come from GOD up above. There is no doubt about it… MIDNIGHT STAR is back and ready to do it now and beyond.
 
I'm not sure what "and beyond" really means here. Is it like "to infinity and beyond?" Sorry, too much Buzz Lightyear in my household. Maybe it's just a generic "and beyond" as in we don't know how much longer any of use will be alive because we started this funky group 36 years ago, but we're here until we're not anymore. Well, whatever it means, they're back. And doing it. It's time to start practicing your robot and arm waves. Bust it.

No comments:

Post a Comment