Friday, August 3, 2012

Ain't Nothin Gonna Break My Stride

This song is just making me happy. Got a little reggae bounce going on in my work chair. And if I was feeling the need to actually accomplish anything today, Break My Stride would be a great motivating anthem. As it turns out, I'm just feeling tired because I'm not used to getting up to greet the day earlier than 8:00 a.m. Next time Hubby goes out of town I'm going to train the dogs to let themselves out and poor a cup of milk for Bug (this just gave me so many great mental images!) I will also purchase some sort of helmet to wear when Bug decides he must sleep in my bed, to protect my genius brain from his flailing feet. What are his feet constantly doing by my head when he's sleeping? How did he get way over there? Why is there a pacifier in my ear? When can I take a nap?

Anywho, Matthew Wilder's one and only hit apparently was not the only thing he did in his career. As if you care. But I'm going to tell you anyway. He produced No Doubt's first album that went like quadruple platinum and was nominated for an Oscar for work on the Mulan soundtrack. I know. Riveting. Maybe it's best to go back to not knowing who the hell he is and just enjoy the song...and... done.

And for those of you who never watch the videos here (Hubby,) I promise you'll enjoy this one. The skimpily-leotarded-ladies have come up with some truly breathtaking choreography (it's especially becoming on the men.) And the last ass shot is pure cinematography magic. Also featured is Matthew Wilder's mustache. And fro. And black pleather pants. And sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off with a long-sleeved shirt underneath. And that shirt is pink. So clearly, worth 3.5 minutes of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment