Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wanna See Me Disco?

So, Hubby and I have been talking (again) about changing some things up and getting in better shape and conveniently I have just found my new workout with this morning's earworm selection. Le Tigre's Deceptacon was played (and danced to) religiously at pretty much every college house party I attended  in 1999, but with moves like the ones in this video I can totally get my cardio in for the day in under four minutes! Ironically this is stuck in my head because it was in the soundtrack of a movie that was supposed to be set in the 80's and also features such hits as Elvira and Don't Cry Out Loud (The Oak Ridge Boys and Melissa Manchester in case you were too lazy to Google it yourselves.) Man I thought Elvira was a hilarious song when I was little. Hi ho, Silver.

Anyway, hearing Le Tigre made me want to go dig out this album and jump around like an idiot. Which I did. Then it made me realize how long ago 1999 actually was. Which explained why I was so winded. Interesting factoid of the day: this song is listed in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. I will verify this later by activating my stellar library skills (i.e. walking over to the shelf and looking in the book) but for now we'll just assume that the interwebs never lie. So great, I can tick that one off the list then. One step closer to death! Hmmm. In that case maybe I'll skip putting on my work out clothes and just have another glass of wine. Nah, too early for that. A Bloody Mary would be more apropos.

So here's the routine. Costumes aren't required, but I'm sure the band wouldn't mind if you had a drink in your hand while you followed along. Making it the perfect workout for moi!


Yes, I know the video quality is crappy, but that has nothing to do with me so shut up and learn your moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment