Monday, July 23, 2012

They Say That The Road Ain't No Place To Start A Family

Faithfully, by Journey was on the radio while I drove to work this morning and I made the mistake of not changing the station. So now I can't stop humming it and my coworkers are growing more and more irritated as the day progresses. Sorry, ladies, but the power in this power ballad is compelling me to hum. Loudly. And often. Deal with it.

So the most interesting claim to fame I could dig up about this song is that it was used as an audition piece for the first winner of the hit TV show Pilipinas got Talent, Jovit Baldivino. ("Pilipinas," of course being the Filipino word for "Philipines." No, I don't get it either so we'll just leave that one alone.) The lucky winner of this show gets to take home 2,000,000 Philipine Pesos, which is roughly the equivalent of 47,510 US Dollars. So good on you, Jovit. You get to take a year off work! And at 16 he'd probably been working for a good 12 years or so, so one can only imagine his relief at his good fortune. In all seriousness, the kid can sing and has now recorded more albums than...well, than me. Which is not a huge accomplishment, but still. I wish him all the best. Suwerte at mabuting kapalaran, Jovit!

(And to my large following of Filipino readers, apologies if Google translator got that wrong. I don't actually speak your language. Cheers.)



No comments:

Post a Comment