Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Come And Rock Me

So a couple of weeks ago Hubby, Bug and I headed to the Georgia mountains with some friends for a weekend of sweating profusely by the lake. At some point (for some reason) everyones' favorite Falco song (did Falco even have any other songs?) Rock Me Amadeus was downloaded and played repeatedly. Why did this happen, you might ask? Good question. I have no idea though. My hypothesis can be explained in the following equation: 2 grown men + 2 much sun * 22 beers = Falco. Seems logical, yes?

Depending on where you go to find the lyrics to this musical gem, the translation from the original German varies ("He was a Punker - And he lived in the big city" vs. "He was the first punk ever to set foot on this earth - He was a genius from the day of his birth.) But basically the gist is Mozart was the first legendary, punk rock, boozing womanizer...who also happened to be a genius. I'm sure the man himself would be fine with this depiction, so thank God someone finally got it right in 1985. And I'm sure he would have been thrilled with Tom Hulce's portrayal (beating out the likes of Mel Gibson and Mick Jagger (?) no less!) of him in the movie as well. Apparently he practiced at the piano for four hours a day to appear convincing. Hmmm, all that talent and now he's playing the voice of Quasimodo in a video game. Well, I for one will never forget him as Larry Buckman in Parenthood, but I digress. The point is this damn song that I can't even sing along to because I do not sprechen sie deutsch is stuck in my head and now it will be stuck in all of yours. Don't thank me, thank Falco. And the 2 grown men mentioned above.


No comments:

Post a Comment