Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Don't Wanna Wait

Ugh, this is just annoying. The theme song to Dawson's Creek. Over and over and over and over...I didn't even who the singer was until today (it's Paula Cole as if anyone cares) so why on earth is I Don't Want to Wait stuck in my head? I mean, to be fair, yes, I watched every episode of this show in reruns when I was in grad school (I'm a librarian, grad school wasn't that hard.) And, yes, I had a crush on Pacey. And, it's true, I shed a few tears when Jen Lindley (Michelle Williams' character) died. I mean, they actually killed her off in the last episode! Wha??? But I haven't seen the show since and I certainly am NOT a fan of this song.

I am a fan of this picture though. Makes me want to throw on a pair of khakis, kick off my shoes and go walk through a marsh or something. Maybe paddle a skiff across a creek to sneak in my bf's window. Have conversations with other 15-year-olds using extremely articulate, poetic metaphors constantly, without ever pausing to even appear to think about what I'm about to say ("The opposite of death is birth. Life has no opposite.") You know, all those crazy things we all used to do as kids. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment