Saturday, July 28, 2012

Man On The Telephone

What ever happened to Papas Fritas? Man, I loved them. A lot. Hey Hey You Say was the first song I heard this morning (the result of an impromptu dance party to get Bug's mind off really wanting to watch TV) and I've been singing it ever since. Seriously, I loved these guys. Have I said that already? I mean, I wanted to learn to play mediocre drums so I could pretend to be Shivika when I was singing alone (and loudly) in my bedroom. Yes, I do realize I'm slightly the wrong color to be convincing, but still. Anyway, apparently they're still sort of around. Last year they did an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba (I will find this for Bug!) and they do have a Facebook page (even though there doesn't appear to be anything on it.) But I don't think they've put out a record in the past decade which is super sad. Cause I loved them. Truth.

On their website they claim to have toured so much after the release of Helioself that "we actually bent time and space and played as many as 3.56 shows at once in at least 7 dimensions." Apparently they too have seen Back to the Future one too many times. But if you look at their tour date archives it's easy to believe that it was in fact necessary to mess with the space/time continuum in order to play this many damn shows. And yet somehow I don't recall them ever coming anywhere near wherever I was in the late '90s or early double ohs. I would have totally been on the front row. Because...wait for it...I LOVED them.


UWPE4ZR8HD7B 

No comments:

Post a Comment